All volunteers please register and sign up for our session on their website. When you register, use group join code 0351 to be able to see and sign up for our reserved slot: Saturday, December 12, 2015 1pm – 3pm. For a bigger impact, please bring a donation of perishable food like low-sodium canned fruits, vegetables, beans or soup. 🙂
We’ve reserved spaces for up to 15 volunteers but if we have more than 15, we will let Feeding America know and they will adjust with spaces available. Don’t delay, the earlier we know how many people are coming, the better Feeding America can accommodate us!
Detailed instructions for signing up below:
Instructions for individual sign up via Feeding America San Diego’s website:
(The shift may say ‘full’ or ‘reserved’ until you complete these steps!)
1. Visit http://vhub.at/fasd
2. Click “Sign in” in the upper right hand corner and follow the steps as instructed.
3. During this step, you will be asked to enter your groups join code: 0351
4. Once you return to the main page, scroll down until you find your group’s volunteer shift.
5. Click the “Sign Up” button to the left of the “Event Name.”
6. Each Volunteer will receive a confirmation email when signed up successfully.
Volunteers must be 6 and older to volunteer at our Distribution Center and all volunteers under the age of 18 are required to bring in Paper Waiver (http://feedingamericasd.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/VolunteerLetterWaiver.docx
) signed by their parent or guardian in addition to signing up via the website.
You may sign a youth volunteer up in the system using the same email address, even if it is the same address that has been used for another account. You must choose a different user name for each account online.
On the day of event:
– All volunteers must wear closed toed shoes in order to work in the Distribution Center.
– Arrive at 9455 Waples Street, Suite 135 San Diego, CA 92121.
Click “Sign In” by your name on the iPad and complete a name tag.
– Wait in the Volunteer Center for your Volunteer Event to begin.
Tours will be given to small groups of 10-40 volunteers at a time, depending on the size of the group. Each group will end their tour at the location of their volunteer task.
– Make an impact! Bring a donation of perishable food like low-sodium canned fruits, vegetables, beans or soup.
If you have any questions, please reach out to:
Juice | firstname.lastname@example.org | 805-512-0066